Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Inside my mind...

I was running in a state park this evening while my daughter took her swim lessons in the nearby pool. Before I reached the trail I noticed a tall man wearing a dark shirt, khaki shorts and a fishing hat. He set off my obsessive mind a'reeling. While running I thought about how dark the trail was, while just outside the trees it was bright with afternoon sunlight. I kept thinking what I would do if someone came upon me and tried to stab me. Then I thought about my sister's art and how she is using Ophelia as her subject for much of her art lately.

So here goes the scenerio...There is a beautiful creek at the start of the trail with running water over many rocks. The sound of course if very soothing. As I run across the bridge and onto the trail I imagine the man with the fishing hat stalking not far behind. I wonder if he stabs me if I'll have the strength to make it to the creek. I thought to myself maybe the cool water would slow the bleeding. Using my strongest side, I slide along the wet earth to the creek. Thoughts of Ophelia haunt my mind, and I can hear myself gurgle that last breath with my face towards the treetops.

No comments: