Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring has Sprung!


I love violets! My sister and I were reminiscing not too long ago about picking violets for our Mom. She had a special, cut-crystal vase she would put them in, and we would always put it on the kitchen counter or in the kitchen window to brighten our spring days. I remember this like it was yesterday. Memories, sometimes they catch you by surprise!

My best friend gave me this violet last year. I was so excited to see it bloom. I'm hoping it will spread along the edge of my patio; especially where the dirt has settled.










I moved these three hostas from a too sunny spot to a shady spot last spring. I was thrilled to see the shoots, and I can't wait to see how they do.

1 comment:

Leanne Pizio said...

Yay violets!!!
And the hostas are exciting to see.
Ours are coming up too. I wonder if we sat and watched if we could see them bloom?